AVON PARK CHURCH OF THE NAZARENE
To follow Christ together making Christ-like disciples in the nations by Exalting Christ and Loving People!
We Exalt Christ by:
- Uplifting, inspiring, creative worship
- Teaching and preaching relative and practical ways of internalizing Christ
- Equipping and assisting people in living out their Christianity
- Following Christ's example through the power and acceptance of the Holy Spirit
- Helping individuals discover and understand spiritual gifts and their use
- Reaching out intentionally to the unchurched
- Extending His transforming grace to all
- Fulfilling the Great Commission to children, youth and adults in preparation for a lifetime of growing as Christ-like disciples and making Christ-like disciples
And we Love People by:
- Focusing on relationships
- Demonstrating God’s Love in tangible ways
- Serving with gladness
- Offering opportunities for outreach in our community
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The Avon Park Church of the Nazarene purposely endeavors to fulfill the Great Commission and the Mandate of Christ to make Christ-like disciples and minister to all persons.
We preach and teach the Holy Scriptures by proclaiming Jesus Christ as Savior, Sanctifier, Healer, and coming King. We proclaim unabashedly that He is the only hope for this sinful world. We emphasize the mission and work of the Holy Spirit in the believer’s life, in His infilling, empowering for service, guiding, and blessing for victorious Christian living.
With divine direction and empowerment as a church, we prepare our people through continual nurturing, and seek to focus our ministries in areas where God gives the needed gifts and talents. We seek to lead our people so they may become mature and knowledgeable in the fullness of Christ and in the power of the Holy Spirit.
We will purposely “...prepare God’s people for works of service, so the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” Ephesians 4:12-13 NIV
We strive to be a warm, friendly, loving, and caring Body of Believers who will minister to the needs of the saved and the unsaved.
We endeavor to be good stewards of our time, talents, and resources to provide programs and activities to accomplish these holy purposes.